Over the past few years, Astaxanthin has earned a fantastic reputation as one of the most potent and powerful nutritional supplements ever made.
In a nutshell, Astaxanthin is a fat-soluble antioxidant with neuroprotective support. It may help with a multitude of functions such as:
- Reduce inflammation in joints and tissues
- Support muscle recovery and stamina
- Protect the body from cellular damage associated with highly oxidative foods
- Help protect the eyes from UV damage and to reverse the damage.
- Help the skin resist UV damage from excessive sunlight exposure.
- Help the proliferation of breast cancer tumour cells
- Astaxanthin has been shown to improve “working memory”and may even contribute to the prevention of Dementia and Alzheimer’s.
- Known to counteract the free radicals resulting from high glucose levels in Diabetics. It also may prevent the progression of diabetic nephropathy (damage to or disease of the kidney).
- Free Radicals can damage DNA Cells and cancer is more often than not the consequence. Astaxanthin has been shown in animal model studies to prevent cancer of the bladder, colon and mouth.
It has extraordinary antioxidant properties, as have been demonstrated in hundreds of studies. Antioxidants (the good guys) disarm free radicals (the bad guys) in our bodies before they have a chance to damage our genetic material of our cells, proteins, or healthy fats.
Astaxanthin aggressively sacrifices itself in order to protect body cells from these very highly charged and damaging free radical molecules.
I personally take it every day with my Flax Oil supplements as Astaxanthin works BEST when taken with oil. My energy levels are at an all time high, I tire less and I feel my skin is improving. It’s only been four months but I do see and feel a difference.
I like to think of Astaxanthin as a “body preserver”…..just like the same way we use lemon juice on apple slices so that they don’t turn brown. Just think of all the good stuff happening in our ‘insides’.
Are you living your life yet?
Love your blog! Great info and inspirational. Hope to see more posts!XOHeather in Michigan
Thank you so much for the lovely comment. Yes!! More posts for the NEW YEAR!
Hmmm I hadn't heard of this cool antioxidant. I will for sure keep my eye out for it.
Thanks for sharing =)
Thank you for sharing!!! And sorry for barging in on Monday morning!