I’m featuring our Raspberry Coconut Squares today!
It’s a super easy dessert recipe, from Kelly’s Bake Shoppe, and it’s also in our book, Made With Love. We discovered there was a slight error in the book (thank you to a dedicated fan – Suzanne M., for pointing it out) and thought we would try to share this corrected version asap. Trust us, we are embarrassed over this and with 3 editors and multiple revisions to the book, this one still snuck through. Gosh!! Please forgive us.
Please note: the *denotes the updates.
Raspberry Coconut Squares – *edited
These are so easy to whip up and people will think you fussed! You can use any cookies from your cupboard or freezer to whiz a batch of cookie crumbs in the food processor. Couldn’t be simpler or more versatile. We encourage you to enjoy these with a glass of Chocolate Hemp Milk. A Chocolate-raspberry sensation!
Total time: 40 minutes
Active time: 15 minutes
5 cups cookie crumbs (we use World Peace cookies and Snickerdoodle cookies)
4 tablespoons agave syrup (or maple syrup)
6 tablespoons organic palm shortening, melted (or Earth Balance Shortening)
2 ¼ cups organic raspberry jam (we use a sugar-free brand)
2 cups shredded organic coconut
1 cup GF all-purpose flour
Pinch sea salt
*1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9- by 13-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Combine the cookies crumbs with agave syrup and melted palm shortening. Press this crust firmly and evenly into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake crust for 8 minutes and allow to cool before adding jam layer.
- *Spread raspberry jam over the cooled bottom crust.
- Combine the *shredded coconut, flour, salt and melted coconut oil to make the top layer. Cover the raspberry jam mixture completely with topping.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until topping is golden brown in places. Allow to cool for 5 minutes before slicing into bars or squares, whatever size you like!
Makes one 9- by 13-inch pan
Question, for the recipe, it says: 5 cups cookie crumbs (we use World Peace cookies and Snickerdoodle cookies). We see the World Peace Cookies recipe but NOT the Snickerdoodle Cookies recipe.
Would you kindly post the Snickerdoodle Cookie recipe.
In addition, what portion of each should go into this recipe – 50/50 split? Raspberry coconut squares are my absolute favourite at your bakery!!!
Ugh…wish I had come across this 2 hours ago….I looked up recipes this am to bring to a dinner party and chose these bars, bought all of the ingredients and put it together. I thought the topping looked suspect but the measurements were so specific (1cup plus 1 T of oil) that I thought it must be correct. After 15 min when I still had a pile of slop in my oven, I googled this. Epic fail guys…I am dessertless for a party, running late and have $40+in my wallet…
Will be unsure of trying more recipes. Are there any others with issues?
We are so sorry. There has been a re-print. There is just no way to get errors fixed in a cookbook. We are so SORRY! 🙁 Can we make it up to you with a $40 gift card from Kelly’s bake shoppe? Please let us know….