I’M CRAVING CHOCOLATE! YES! Now that I am in self-isolation…I’m trying to keep myself nourished and keeping my immune system tuned up.
This smoothie is full of antioxidants and the healthy fats that are so necessary for our brain and cellular development. It also tastes like the deep, dark chocolate milkshake of your dreams! Check out some of the optional add-ins below. If you add raw ginger, it will boost your pathogen-fighting power. Think virus killer!
Active: 5 minutes
Total: 5 minutes
1 cup almond milk (see Vanilla Almond Milk or use store-bought), or oat milk or cashew milk
2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
1 tablespoon cacao butter
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 1/2 frozen bananas, cut into 1-inch pieces
3 Medjool dates, softened
2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- In a heavy-duty blender on high speed, blend the almond milk, cacao powder, cacao butter, coconut oil, bananas and dates until smooth.
- Add the cacao nibs to the blender and pulse. We don’t want the cacao nibs to be blended until smooth, we want their crunch!
- Serve as soon as possible. You won’t be able to wait, anyway!
Makes 1 serving
Try some of these variations:
- 2 scoops vegan chocolate protein powder
- 1-inch piece raw ginger, peeled (chocolate with ginger is divine)
- ½ avocado
- 1 tablespoon organic raw almond butter or sunflower butter (for those with nut allergies )