These pancakes are a classic from Erinn’s childhood — she insisted we share them with you. Every kid at any age deserves homemade Chocolate Monkey Pancakes on Sunday morning for wonderful magical memories.
Active time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
1 recipe Basic Pancakes (page xxx)
1 tablespoon coconut oil, plus more if necessary
2 bananas, sliced ¼ inch thick
½ cup chocolate chips
- Proceed with Basic Pancake recipe up to step 6.
- Add coconut oil to the skillet.
- Ladle 6 ounces (2/3 cup) of batter into the heated skillet and gently smooth pancake with the back of the ladle.
- Cover the pancake with bananas and chocolate chips. Cover the skillet and let the pancake cook through. Do not flip it over! The pancake will be brown on the bottom when you peek under it. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the top is not gooey.
- Remove from the skillet and serve immediately or keep warm in a 250°F oven while you make the rest of the pancakes. Add more coconut oil to the skillet if necessary.
Makes 6 large pancakes