This is one treat that no one will refuse. Delicate cupcakes that are rich and simply classic. One of our customers calls these “cupcakes without guilt” and “the best gluten-free cupcakes you have ever eaten!” We think they’re the best cupcakes, period.
Total time: 35-40 minutes
Active time: 15 minutes
3 cups GF all-purpose flour
¾ teaspoon xanthan gum
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon sea salt
¾ cup vegan shortening
1 ½ cups organic cane sugar
1 tablespoon egg replacer + 8 tablespoons water (page xxx)
2 cups vanilla coconut yogurt
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Line two 12-cupcake pans with paper liners.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, xanthan gum, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, then add the sugar, egg replacer, yogurt and vanilla. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and beat with a hand mixer. Using an ice cream scoop, divide the batter among the 24 liners.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, rotating pan halfway through baking. Allow to cool completely before frosting with Vanilla Buttercream (page xxx) or one of the variations.
Makes 24 cupcakes