Seeing as we all tend to have a ton of time on our hands, this could be the perfect time to experiment with new baking ideas….This is a recipe from our book, Made With Love.
This is a lovely wake-up bite on a Sunday morning. Imagine the aroma of delicious raspberries baking in the oven. We love these with our Raspberry Sauce or Lemon Glaze.
Active time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30-35 minutes
1 ½ cups GF all-purpose flour
½ cup white rice flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
½ teaspoon xanthan gum
½ teaspoon sea salt
1/3 cup coconut oil
½ cup organic cane sugar
1 tablespoon lemon zest
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 cup fresh/frozen raspberries
1 teaspoon rice milk
1 teaspoon cane sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a 9-inch cake pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the GF flour, rice flour, baking powder, xanthan gum and salt.
- Add the coconut oil, sugar, lemon zest and vanilla. Stir until a thick, slightly dry batter is formed. Slowly pour 1 cup of hot water into the batter and mix thoroughly. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold in the raspberries, just until they are marbled throughout.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth the surface with oiled hands. Brush with rice milk and then sprinkle with sugar
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the middle of a scone comes out clean.
- Let the scones cool in the pan for 15 minutes, then carefully cut them into 8 wedges. Transfer the scones to a wire rack to cool completely. Drizzle with Raspberry Sauce (page xxx) or Lemon Glaze
Makes 8 scones