This is how we coined the term, “Are you living your life yet”. It came out of my very soul when discussing the transformation that happens to people (in their mind, body and soul), when you change how you eat.
It took a long time to make this cookie and my motivation came from so many people walking into our bake shoppe and requesting a healthy “Energy” Cookie with no ’empty calories’. One with tons of nutrition, soy-free, gluten-free and vegan too, so that means no allergens like dairy products, no eggs, no dairy, no wheat, no nuts, no unhealthy saturated fats and I also added tons of ‘love’ (that always makes things taste better and makes them healthier!!).
Everything that is in it is intentionally put in for optimal health reasons. I practice this all the time and I’m pretty diligent at it because I know how good I feel when I eat what is nutritionally dense. No white flour, no white refined sugar, no empty calories that lead to gaining weight, digestive problems and other lifelong diseases we see becoming more and more prevalent.
You have to ask yourself why would you ever want to ingest food that can cause damage and inflammation to you at your very cellular level?
Every day our bodies are bombarded and saturated with toxins and pollutants from the environment and from the foods we eat. Every day we get a chance to REVERSE that damage and heal ourselves from the inside out as THIS is where chronic disease begins.
Here’s a place where you can begin to shift your outlook on food and really make some deliciously nutritious snacks for you and your family. World Peace Cookies are full of solid nutrition and will give you energy to last for hours.
(AND… YES! Use organic wherever possible. It is the only way to eat)
- The famous cookie that we first created as a really nutritious and satisfying post-workout snack. We now bake these at Kelly’s Bake Shoppe and they sell out every day. Great for breakfast, snacks, or any time you want a nutrition-packed treat.
Total preparation time: 30-35 minutes
Active time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons quick oats
- 1 cup GF all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons flax seeds
- 1/2 cup cane sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons blackstrap molasses
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 6 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, shredded coconut, flax seeds, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, xanthan gum and salt.
- In a medium bowl, combine molasses, agave, canola oil and coconut milk.
- Add the molasses mixture to the dry ingredients and stir. Fold in the chocolate chips and raisins and stir until well combined.
- Form the dough into 30 balls; place on parchment paper and press down with the palm of your hand. The cookie balls should be spaced 1 inch apart.
- Bake until golden brown, 12-14 minutes or until the edges are golden. Cool on wire racks.
- Serve warm with a glass of almond milk. Yummmm.